Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My first goal in Fútbol

Before you get to excited for my great success and triumph in the world game, I must confess that I scored the goal for the other team. Yes, my first goal ever in fútbol was against my own team. My teammates quickly realized the state of my ability and placed me as goalie in hopes that I would have greater success. As I whole I did do better at this position more than the rest. All for one exception, throwing the ball in. I am playing fútbol right, so when I picked up the ball to throw it in I chucked that thing like a football, totally missing the guy I was throwing to. All to say, if it was a game of football I would be doing much better, but when it comes to fútbol, well lets just say I am still learning. If it wasn´t for building friendships and connecting with the men at church, I would feel like an idiot. On the other hand, if you know me at all you know that I am use to putting my self in those types of situations.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're playing futbol. I had the chance to see those guys play just before I took off for home, and many of them are quite good.

    I connected with a Spanish tutor in Guatemala and am now meeting with her twice a week. I'm enjoying it so far, but would like to spend more time studying the language.

    Keep working on the language amigo.

    Hasta la bye-bye.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww man, i totally sympathize. i played on a junior high basketball team and my first two points for my own team were quickly balanced out when i scored two points for the other team... so basically instead of scoring 4 points, i scored 0. yup.

    ReplyDelete