Sunday, July 11, 2010

Today was the day

Today was the day that I have been working for since embarking on my spanish learning adventure. My Goal in learning spanish was to gain the ability to teach and preach in spanish. Though I am no where near fluency, I taught a 15 minute lesson on the beginning of the church from the book of Acts. I will continue the series on the History of the Church, for the next few weeks. It was extremely nerve racking, but the people were encouraging and very gracious. I had all my notes prepared and ready to go, but the questions was wether the spanish would come out. It did and pretty good as reported to me from members of the church and the missionary families. For me, it was such a humbling experience to be so very dependent on the few things that God has given me in spanish to communicate really important principles. It was a lesson on trust, that if I did my small part, the Holy Spirit would take it the goal. It was such an exciting experience for me and I wanted to share it with all of you. Plus, after all these world cup matches, my spanish announcer voice is getting really good, just thought I would throw that in there.

2 comments:

  1. that's awesome, eddie! and i can imagine that your announcer voice is pretty great. :) thanks for the update! - sterling

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have all heard your announcer voice. Just not in Spanish. Good job. We love you.

    ReplyDelete