Saturday, November 14, 2009

"Some Days Are Better Than Others"

I recognize it has been a very long time since I have given any type of update. Everything is going fantastic here in rainy Costa Rica. It finally feels like I have begun to settle into things; school, living with a family and the culture. Most of the last month has been pretty much devoted to studying spanish and I am glad to report that is coming along very nicely. A big thing did happen though, I was able to get a battery for my camera and was able to get some great pictures that I will be posting for you to see somethings. I would like to fill you in on some of the amazing ministry opportunities that God has brought my way that I was not expecting. The first and probably most limited, is the opportunities I have had to work at the church I have been attending. It has been limited due to my limited spanish ability, but I have still been able to participate and help a bit in the youth group and the men's soccer bible study (the one where I em-famously scored for the other team).  Those two have been great ways to practice spanish, connect with people and participate in the church family. The second has been a single guys bible study that I am leading for the other single guys at the language school. There is usually only 3-5 of us, but it has proven to be a time of great spiritual growth as we study the life of Paul, a fellow single guy in foreign lands.
    God has been working on my heart and life in overtime. Being separated from the familiar defiantly puts you into a pressure cooker and God leads you through to see Him in a way not seen before. He has blessed me with the pleasure to tag along with an ABWE missionary that has over 15 years experience in foreign missions. I have learned so much about ministry from talking with him and observing him has he helps people in the walk with the Lord. Serving God always takes you to places you never thought possible and allows you to meet some amazing people along the way. Even though there are some rough  days here and there, most days are better than others.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome...I hear a U2 flavor in here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I planted it just for you. I knew you liked the last hint a lot so I thought I would send another you way. ~Eddie

    ReplyDelete